Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tie'd Down

Ever since my birthday back in November, I made a silly resolution to wear ties whenever I go out. I have, for the most part kept up with it.

In high school, I had to wear a tie every day, and amidst the goraning and protests of other students who felt it a pain in the ass, I actually liked it. I love ties. They are my absolute favorite accessory, and I try to wear them whenever appropriate.

But after I turned 21, I figured, why not make everyday appropriate! When I was a kid, I associated ties with people who were grown and independent and making a life for themselves. Though I may be often over-dressed for many occasions, I think they are pretty neat, and they make me happy. I get compliments all the time, so why not keep it up? I built the damn collection for 4 years, why let it go to waste. I love button shirts, and what better to pair it with than a smart tie. I'm not saying I'm Mr. GQ all the time, but there are ways to dress down or casually and sport a tie, and I try to make it work with or match the affair.

This is is no way a boast of my fashion sense, just a proclamation of my love affair with the neck tie. So when you see me with one, you'll know I'm just all grown up.

If I could only master the windsor knot, kiddies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home