Thursday, January 04, 2007

Doors Close, Windows Open. Easy Come, Easy Go.

I am liking '07 already.

I really like the direction it is headed. Looking broad picture into my near future this year, i like what's in store.

I ran into a friend the other day who I hadn't seen in years. He used to live down the street from me, and we were best friends growing up. He's so much older now. He looked weathered with so much life that I haven't even begun to expereince. He's only 2 months older than me, but we're years apart now. He came to my house, we exchanged numbers and an awkward handshake. It was still great to see him. We used to be thick as thieves until I became so busy in school life and then moved away to college, and he started staying on the other side of town with his aunt. Nice to know you can always stumble on a familiar past.

I also got offered a job today. I was waiting on these two men dressed in business attire, and after they finished eating, I asked if they would be interested in trying a dessert (chocolate meltdown..dripping with fudge, sizzling apple pie..with cascades of caramel sauce, or maple butter blonde... for example). the one guy who had about 20 diet pepsi's says to me, "you seem like such a good salesman to me the way you almost got me to buy about 5 appetizers and now 3 desserts...what would you say to working full time in sales?" I sort of looked dumbfounded for a minute. I really didn't know how to respond. I always thought I'd be quick to jump on the bus and leave the bar & grill in the applebees neighborhood. But, I said I would have to decline as I'm really a full time student. But, I waited for him to explain more. He said they worked for Enterprise car rental and they'd love for me to swing by and have a look around, fill out an application and all the usual formalities. They gave me a website and a name and number to consider, and I told them I certainly would. But, I figure it's pretty pointless to be trained for a job, and begin it (it's probably a commission job anyway) just to say, "oops, time for school now," grab my lunchbox and leave. Ahh, the exciting adventures of the 'Beez.

I think this boy has had just a little too much excitement in only 4 days..not to mention the tall, dark, and handsome stranger that has caught my eye!

I just hope it's all real life, not just a fantasy...

Carry on, kiddies.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home